The weather could affect parts of the event at any time, if you are asked to move or pack down anything that might become a hazard in bad weather, you must comply with these instructions. This could include umbrellas, gazebos or items that are not weighted down sufficiently.
Driving speed of vehicles within the event area is at walking speed, this is to be no faster than 15km/h – public will be in and around the site at all times as this is not a closed site.
If you are needing to reverse in an area with other people around, please ask a volunteer to help clear the area and spot you.
Vehicles need to be offsite by 8am and no vehicles will be able to return until after 4pm – this will be a managed pack out and volunteers will assist the vendor with entering back into the site. Please be patient.
Please do not block any access ways during the load in and out – if unsure, please ask or contact Nicole.
An untidy site can cause risk of injury and environmental hazard – please keep your site tidy and in order to avoid this.
If one of our crew asks you to contain or tidy the area, please comply with their instructions.
St Johns will be onsite between 9am – 4pm, they will be located on Ramshaw Lane opposite the Arrowtown Wine Store.
If you need to get them to a specific area, call Nicole to arrange this.
In a critical emergency call 111 immediately then let Nicole know that they have been called.
· A festival first aid kit will be located at the Arrowtown Atheneum Hall.
· AED is located outside the Post Office.
Please report to us any accidents or incidents.
In the case of an emergency, please follow instructions from the volunteers and AAF team, if asked to evacuate, please report to the assembly area in Butler's Green or if you leave the event site please message Nicole (don’t call as this can clog up the phone lines).
If you have hired trestle/s they will be available for you to collect - ask a volunteer and they will show you where to collect your trestle from.
Please return your trestle to the same place at the end of the day.
· All food vendors MUST display their food registration certificate (if you need one). We are highly likely to be checked by council on the day.
· All food vendors must ensure they have access to hand washing facilities.
· Adequate protection for any food likely to be contaminated by adverse weather (i.e. windborne dust, rain) must be provided.
· All food products are to be suitably covered, stored and displayed to prevent the likelihood of contamination.
· Adequate refrigeration is required for all perishable food.
· Food vendors that are using heat to cook are required to have the correct firefighting equipment.
· All food vendors need to have a first aid kit.
· All rubbish generated must be kept tidily in bins with lids and collected and removed from the site at the end of the day.
· Any food vendor found compromising hygiene standards may be required to close.
· Any lost property / lost children on the day should be taken to the large yellow ASB Market Day tent on Ramshaw Lane (opposite Arrowtown Wine Store). We have police vetted volunteers to assist with lost children.
· Do not put anything in the grounds without approval.
· Please take note of utilities if marked out; orange is power. Keep pegs a metre away from the marked positions of lines or use weights to hold down.
· Please make sure you bring everything that you will need on the day including a cash float.
· Please keep within your stall area and co-operate with your neighbours.
· At the end of the day, please leave your site as you found it. There will be lots of rubbish and recycling bins around the market. We always appreciate how tidy everyone leaves their site - it is a huge help.
· The committee is aiming to make the entire festival more sustainable and environmentally friendly and we are excited that this event will be single use cup free. All use of single use cups are prohibited and we will provide drink vendors with required cups and cleaning system. We would appreciate it if you avoided the use of plastic items and source a recyclable or compostable alternative. Many of you do this already and we appreciate your efforts.
Thank you for reading this information.
Please confirm you have read through this information by checking the box below, it is your obligation to ensure that everyone working on your site has been passed on the relevant information too.